The Toe River Arts Council (TRAC) is a nonprofit organization established in 1976 to support and promote arts and arts education in Yancey and Mitchell counties.
TRAC plays a prime role in bring the arts to school children and the general public through workshops, concerts, and exhibitions. We are involved in a variety of initiatives designed to make our region more aware of the cultural resources both locally and by presenting art and music from outside the area.
What We Do
- Two gift shops, one in Spruce Pine and Burnsville featuring work of local artists.
- Two galleries, one in Spruce Pine and Burnsville featuring bi-monthly exhibits
- Plein Air Paint-Out Event each spring in and around Burnsille
- Two annual free studio tour weekends – 2nd weekend in June; 1st weekend in December – over 100 studios and galleries open their doors to visitors
- Music in the Mountains Folk Festival each fall to celebrate regional musical heritage
- The all0volunteer Toe River Chamber Ensemble offers free concerts several times a year in and around Burnsville plus several arts in education programs in schools
Tuesday – Saturday: 10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.